Whether it’s beauty, sparkle, or durability, Moissanite is an exceptional gemstone. Also known as timeless jewelry, it was designed to last a lifetime. As a result, buying Moissanite jewelry is usually a smart option, mainly because you receive everything a diamond offers in larger quantities and at much lower rates. The purpose of this post is to provide our Moissanite customers with a few basic ideas on how to keep their jewelry looking stunning for many years to come.
To help you care for your Moissanite engagement rings, here are some of the dos and don’ts you have to remember about Moissanite care:
Do’s & donts for Moissanoite care:
- Moissanite is a durable stone. However, it should be protected against strong impacts and unnecessary exposure. Despite being the most demanding stone, diamonds and Moissanite may chip and shatter if not properly cared for.
- Moissanite engagement rings may be worn in the shower without causing any damage. Only water won’t damage your Moissanite stone, but the repetition of washing your ring might cause an accumulation of oils on the surface. This might diminish the brilliance of your stone by giving it a filmy look, so it’s probably easier to prevent if you take off your ring before showering.
- When wearing Moissanite, do not expose it to harsh chemicals like bleach, sanitizer, perfume, or other household chemicals. This will not harm the Moissanite, but it will contribute to its accumulation and decrease its radiance. As a general rule, you always wear your Moissanites engagement ring last after applying your cosmetics and perfume.
- Remove your Moissanite engagement ring before playing in the water or swimming in the ocean. It is because the saltwater solution of sodium chloride (NaCl) can discolor precious metals and weaken the joints of your ring’s setting in the same way chlorine discolors them. In addition to it, your engagement ring will fit more loosely and be more susceptible to falling off in the water. So avoid going swimming with an engagement ring on.
- Keep in mind that the manner you keep your jewelry has a significant impact on its longevity and attractiveness. Moissanite should be stored in a bag or fabric-lined box. Moissanite is incredibly rough. Thus this is more to avoid it damaging your other jewelry than to protect it.
- One or two professional cleaning sessions per year are recommended for Moissanite engagement rings to remove natural oils and dirt. A specialist may also check your ring for loose stones and check that the prongs are still in good condition. A professional deep clean can restore your Moissanite’s radiance.
- While exercising, avoid wearing your Moissanite ring. Any activity that involves physical contact, such as lifting weights or boxing, requires you to remove your ring. With repeated effort, activities that demand you to grasp anything tightly might harm the metal of an engagement ring, causing the band to break.
Treat your Moissanite engagement rings as you may do for Diamonds. If you want your engagement ring to dazzle for the rest of your life, it’s vital to take good care of the stone you’ve chosen. The stone, precious metals, or setting of your ring must be protected from hazardous chemicals and activities.